Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lecture 3, Part 1: Radioactive Decay Kinetics

The first part of the lecture on radioactive decay kinetics is posted.  This lecture provides four basic equations that are often used in radiochemistry.  The equations to evaluate error from count data is provided.  Relationships between initial amount of a radionuclide and amount at a given time is described.  Equations to determine activity from the decay constant and number of radioactive nuclei are given.  Please comment on the blog when you have completed the this lecture.

11 comments:

  1. This Thursday is Test 1 - Will it include alpha decay as well? And do we just log on the website to do the test?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The test to be posted on Thursday 12 September will cover information from Lecture 1 and Lecture 2. I will update the web page to reflect this. I will send out an e-mail on Thursday 12 September when the test is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part one of lecture 3 was very helpful in understand Radioactive Decay Kinetics. I like how there was a slide that had all of the important equation that we should know. Also, the examples provided, help me understand the equation more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for comments. I also thought a slide with important equations would be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was more easy to get through the material with it broken up into two seperate powerpoints

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comments. I try to keep a single lecture to around 30 minutes.

      Delete
  6. I assure you that I finished this on an earlier date. I forgot to comment here. I thought that I could save some time and skip the audio. I had to go back through the power point with audio to get all the information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first part of the lecture has taught me the type of decay radioisotopes will undergo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of the equations I was familiar with and learned from another class.

    ReplyDelete