Monday, March 13, 2017

Spring 2017 CHEM 312: Lecture 11 Speciation

This lecture covers fundamentals of chemical kinetics and thermodynamics, mainly as a review. Thermodynamic laws, electrochemical reactions, and acid-base reactions are covered. The thermodynamic discussion relates to Gibbs free energy and equilibrium constants. Kinetic discussion related to its use in data analysis Emphasis of the lectures is applied to information useful for speciation modeling. Calculations and models for speciation are discussed. Equilibrium modeling using EXCEL and the program CHESS are presented. The lecture is 47 minutes.  The lecture is assigned 14-Mar-17 and due 19-Mar-17.

19 comments:

  1. I submitted this quiz to you via email as an attachment. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Submitted my quiz. Also, just a question, is the coefficient in front of H2O on the last question supposed to be 2? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Submitted quiz via "submit form", let me know if you did not get it and I will resend as email attachment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished the lecture and submitted the quiz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've submitted my quiz to your email. I was also wondering if the coefficient for water on the last problem was supposed to be 2, I was having a hard time with that one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished the lecture and submitted the quiz. However, I have a similar question as others regarding the coefficient for H2O as well in the last question.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realized that I never commented on this quiz, but I sent it in last week via email.

    ReplyDelete